Monday 6 October 2014

Pondok Jawa Timor

Hello Hoppers!

So, what is your first impression when you walk by and see a posh looking restaurant; wooden panels exterior wall, fully airconditioned with glass door and dim lighting? That this must be a very high class eatery that charge exorbitant prices for their food? Well, this one is an exception! I am talking about Pondok Jawa Timor restaurant located at 737 North Bridge Road.

In fact the moment I step into this restaurant, with my two hyper children no less, I automatically feel welcomed and at ease from the friendly service of the staff. Pheww! No snobbish attitude here! The waitress are patiently describing to me the different type of dishes that they have and are complying to my kids tastebud-intolerance with anything hot and spicy! They are more into soupy kind of dishes, yeah yeah they got that from me :P

Fortunately they have Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup) in the menu. Trust me, the sound of this dish is kinda yucky but the moment you tried it, you'll be coming for more. What else did we try? The husband ate Nasi Kuning Komplit while I chose Javanese Chicken Fried Noodle. This turns out to be my favourite! It has so much flavours and not oily at all :)

So when I was invited by the business development manager and the owner to come back and try more dishes, I say why not!

One week later.

Now that I'm alone sans the hyperactive kiddos, I can take better pictures (no fidgety small fingers infront of the lens!) and sloooowly take the time to really taste more dishes! Muahaha! So my first order:

Corn Batter with prawns 3pc (sgd 5.70) 
This is something like prawn fritters except that this has more vegetables and peeled big juicy prawn!
Excellent sides for tea break!
Nasi Uduk (sgd 7.50)
Indonesian version of nasi lemak. Normally I would skip the ikan bilis but the ones here are so crispy and mmmdap!
Nasi Campur (sgd 7.90)
The star item here is the telor balado, hard boiled egg with homemade spicy sambal.
Nasi Rendang Pecel Kediri (sgd 8.50)
The spicy peanut sauce just gives an extra kick to the overall taste of this dish.
Balado Fish (sgd 8.50)

Chicken Satay (sgd 8.90)
No ketupat here but homemade chilli sauce and sweet peanut gravy for you to dip the satay into. This is still my
  STAR FAVOURITE! The chicken meat stays moist and flavourful despite it turning cold.

Es Teler
What can be more refreshing than having this for dessert! This fruit cocktail of avocado, coconut and jackfruit served with milky ice.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HFH Mmmdap verdict: 8/10
Pondok Jawa Timor is certified halal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment