Thursday 9 October 2014

Dapur Penyet

Hello Hoppers! 

It's makan time, any idea on what to eat later? I'll give you all some recommendations yeah. How about chicken? Specifically, chicken penyet. This is my go-to dish, my comfort food, my favourite in the whole wide world! Yeah i know, I'm a bit dramatic ;P

Simple dish it is. Just some chicken deep fried and smashed, fried tofu, slices of cucumber, tempeh and sambal. But wait, the ayam penyet served at this eatery is by far the most delicious I've tasted! The meat is so moist, tender and seems that it almost melts in my mouth! Maybe it's the spices that were used, the hours to marinate those chicken perfectly or the right temperature of oil. Hmm, I need to ask Pak edy what is the secret ingredient here!


Speaking of Pak Edy, this young lad is the owner of Dapur Penyet here in singapore and overseas, namely in Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei. He has that typical personality traits of an indonesian: warm, welcoming, friendly and sincere. I am not overly praising here but thats what I realised about indonesians in general. I have good friends back in Jakarta and Bandung. My grandparents were themselves from Sumatera. Its just that they have this intangible aura that makes you feel right at home, don't they?

Pak Edy and myself

He mention to me that he treated all his staff like business partners. All bosses should have this kind of mentality right? When you have bosses like this, you tend to approach work with more dedication and I think in the F&B industry, when you put your heart and soul to a job, it will show ultimately, in the way you serve your customers. All this will in turn reflect only positive things back to the business. So kudos to Pak Edy, the gorgeous ibu Hilda and the staff at city plaza outlet.

Sulas, besides ayam penyet, what else do they have? Ahh, not only chicken hokay, Dapur Penyet also serves other sumptious food like Ikan Penyet, Oxtail Soup, Soto, Gado-gado and many more. I'll let the pictures do the talking.



AYAM PENYET

Also available with other sambal like Padang Green chilli, Balado and Manado Rica. The chicken meat is oh-so-tender!


IKAN JOGET SUNDA
This smashed fried sundanese dancing fish got the name from the body that curved during deep frying. The fish is so crispy I can just bite on the bones like they are some kind of crackers, haha.


AYAM SAMBAL HIJAU
The basic ayam penyet dish with Padang Green Chilli. The same chicken dish with different type of chilli. I'm not into spicy food but I can stomach this!


EMPAL PENYET GURIH
Smashed fried marinated beef. I like the taste but this is a bit chewy for me.


SOUP BUNTUT
Near authentic taste of oxtail soup. This is a one of the staple dish in indonesia. Comfort food for me when I'm in Jakarta!


AVOCADO JUICE
Some versions out there has a very thick and overpowering scent of avocado but Dapur Penyets' light, delicious and addictive!


BAWAL BAKAR KECAP
Grilled pompret fish with black soya sauce.

All of the above dishes are best eaten with piping hot white rice. I am already hungry looking at all these food photos! You too? There are also more food choices in their menu. I'm aiming to try their Soto Ayam Lamonc-an and Es Cendol next!



But Sulas, City plaza is totally out of the way/ I live at the opposite side of the island! Tsk, fret not! Here are their other outlets addresses:

- Clementi Mall Foodfare
- City Square Mall Food Republic
- Tiong Bahru Plaza Kopitiam
- Lot 1 Mall Food Junction
- NUH Level 3
- City Plaza Level 1
- 23 Baghdad Street (coming soon)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HFH Mmmdap verdict: 9/10
Dapur Penyet restaurant certified halal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment